WE ARE BETTER TOGETHER
WE are in different seasons and stages of life
WE are different cultures and generations
WE are from various churches and denominations
WE are each called by God to serve and lead in different ways
WOW! is intentional in its effort to build a legacy for future generations of Christian sisters to dream big and follow God's call in their lives. Toward that end, WOW! aims to create an environment that encourages the following core values:
Love - the tie that binds us in Jesus
Equity - the creation of equality for each of us
Growth - the commitment to nurture one another
Anticipation - the confidence that God will provide
Community - the belief that we are better together
Yearning - the desire to see God's kingdom on earth
SEEK - Discernment draws together key people to help you discern God's call.
STUDY- Seminars show how God's Word depicts women in the divine image.
STAY - Mentoring & Retreats nurture long-term growth.
Statement of Faith
The Statement of Faith of Women of Wonder, Inc.
1. We believe God is the Triune, the perfect example of community.
2. We believe the Word of God is divinely inspired and fully trustworthy.
3. We believe God created everyone in the divine image with equal dignity and value and gave us a variety of gifts to develop and serve for the benefit of our home, church and society.
4. We believe that our disobedience distorted the divine image in us and fractured our relationship with God, others and the world.
5. We believe that Jesus Christ, fully divine and fully human, came to redeem and restore us through his death and resurrection, so that we could reflect God’s character and goodness and serve as God’s agents of reconciliation and renewal.
6. We believe that empowered by God’s Spirit and Truth we can live and teach God’s priorities of love and justice in this world.
7. We believe that our unity as brothers and sisters is a powerful witness to God’s reign.